Outdoor entertaining gives you a chance to show off your style in whole new way. You'll enjoy eating and drinking by your pool or patio even more when you dress up your outside table with the right tablecloth. Here's a handy guide to easy outdoor style.
1. Choose Your Fabric
Outdoor tablecloths come in a variety of fabrics. Choose the one that works for you.
Cotton: Lightweight cotton creates an easy, breezy look that is right at home with outdoor ease. It gives your table a fresh look that will never go out of style. On the downside, cotton and other natural fabrics wrinkle easily and require more care than polyester or vinyl.
Polyester: Easy-care polyester is ideal for outdoor use. It comes in a huge array of styles and colors, from top designers and name brands. You don't have to worry about stains, spills or fading. Polyester holds up wash after wash.
Vinyl: This is another great fabric for outdoor use. Vinyl tablecloths come in both loose and fitted styles. They're also available in a wide selection of colors and patterns. Vinyl is usually the least expensive tablecloth option.
2. Select Your Style
Outdoor dining has become enormously popular. That means that designers are stepping up to create outdoor furniture and accessories that are just as beautiful as the ones inside your home.
To select your tablecloth, think about the way you entertain and the mood you want to create with your outdoor table.
• Do you want to evoke a summer cottage feeling? Choose delicate florals and pastels on a white background.
• Are you going all out for a party theme? Select vivid colors and stripes.
• Do you want an elegant look for your outdoor table? Choose a scroll pattern in deep earth tones.
• Do you like holiday themes? You can buy tablecloths that celebrate every holiday.
3. Add Accessories
Your outdoor table will look its best when you add the right finishing touches. Keep in mind the general look and theme that you're trying to create.
• Matching napkins.
• A striking centerpiece of flowers from your garden.
• Outdoor candles or flameless LED lights.
• Chair cushions in a coordinating color or pattern.
• Outdoor sculptures and potted plants.
4. Keep it Looking Good
Keep your tablecloth looking its best by taking care of it. Blot up spills immediately and wash it after each use. To keep the colors bright and the fabric intact, wash it in cold water and hang it to dry. Fold your tablecloth and stash it indoors during the seasons you're not using it.
5. Enjoy Your Beautiful Table
When your outdoor table looks perfect, you'll want to enjoy it even more. There's no need to wait for a special occasion. Dress it up and celebrate the joy of dining in the bright sunlight and the fresh air. A beautiful tablecloth can help you get started.